Based in Eusébio, Ceará, Brazil
Daily Espada is an stylish 2D action game, inspired by some of the creepiest stuff in Brazilian mythology, being remade for it's Steam release! This new version will feature voice acting, revamped graphics, lighting, brand new gameplay mechanics and more post-game content! This means you'll get a whole lot more depth while you try to kill a headless fire mule for the 20th time.
The original Daily Espada was born of a desire to create a game all about meaningful boss battles. After it's release, on April 2014, in Desura, Itch.IO and other markets, Pidroh decided to work on a new game called Jobchanger Brigade, but always kept a desire to work on the Daily Espada universe once again. Then Daily Espada got accepted on Steam Greenlight, and Pidroh, having matured as a developer, felt the game could've been greatly improved by his new mad skills. And so this new improved version of Daily Espada is being born!
- Slash, dodge, transform and counter in a exhilarating dodge oriented revamped battle system
- Hear yourself screaming while you're getting hit to death with the new voice acting
- "That's... What IS that?!" is what you'll say when you meet some of the creepiest bosses
- Beautiful, recreated rooms will make you relax before going to battle
- Spot on soundtrack by the Deceased Superior Technician
- New post game content for players who wish to be scarred for life
- Available for Windows, Linux and Mac OS.
Logo & Icon
- "The idea is fun enough to keep your hand in the controller and different enough to use Brazilian culture in a way never used before. Which is a very cool way, I must say."
- , FINALBOSS
- "Can you imagine a combination of the story of SmashTV with Shadow of Colossus boss focus, added by Brazilian mythology with that vegan indie graphical vibe that we all know and love?"
- , GAMESFODA
- "A boss rush style action game with an unique aesthetic derived from Brazilian mythology. Considering what the new releases page on Steam looks like every day, it’s heartening to see new bells and whistles being added after a successful Greenlight campaign. "
- , TechRaptor
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
New version's announcement
Steam version's first announcement with a teaser video gamasutra.com.
Pidroh is comprised of a single undergraduate engineer student boy from a small town in Brazil who makes games (almost) every single day, that includes weekends. Of course, he collaborates with various people on his projects. He loves JRPGs, hard boss fights and oatmeal.
More information on Pidroh, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Daily Espada Credits
Pedro Gabriel Fonteles Furtado
Programmer, Designer, Artist, partial sound designer
Deceased Superior Technician